What Support Is Offered?
Consideration is given to both the carers' and the child's wishes and feelings and an individual support and learning package is created for the carers and their family. This ensures that carers are given the level of support required to match the needs and demands of the child.
We work hard to ensure that Foster Carers receive the highest levels of support from us.
We provide all Foster Carers with:
- A named, qualified and experienced social worker, who will support you and your family on an ongoing basis, by regular visits and telephone contact
- A competitive fostering allowance which is reviewed annually
- Access to a 24 hour out of hours telephone support line, staffed by workers who know you and your children
- An on-going training programme in all aspects of fostering which can include an NVQ qualification relevant to their role
- On-going support groups – held in the evenings; with meetings for the YoungStars (foster and birth children of carers) at same time
- Informal social events held throughout the year
Fostering North East, St Cuthberts House, West Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 7PY.
Telephone: 0191 242 4805 or 0191 242 4804
Fax: 0191 228 0177