Can I Become A Foster Carer?
- We welcome applications from people who are single, married or in steady relationships
- You can be of any age - over 21 years
- You could be working, retired or unemployed
- You could own your own house or rent. You will need a spare bedroom for the foster child
- You may be childless, have children who are grown up or children living at home
- The age and needs of your child/children will assist us in considering with you, the type of fostering which would be most suitable for your family and the needs and ages of children to be placed
- We welcome applications from people of all ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds
- You genuinely like and enjoy being with children
- You have determination and commitment
- You appreciate that fostering will have an impact on your own children (if you have any) and your wider family
- You have a sense of humour
- You have the ability to ask for support
- You are flexible and able to make necessary changes
Please note: we will consider applications from smokers - subject to conditions which will be explained fully at time of application.
"We see the difference every time John comes to stay. He is growing up and becoming more independent and it's great to a be part of that"
Respite Foster Carer
Fostering North East, St Cuthberts House, West Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 7PY.
Telephone: 0191 242 4805 or 0191 242 4804
Fax: 0191 228 0177